Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who am I? This is a question that can't really be fully answered yet. Each year through high school I think that i have grown as a person and i think that will only continue as i move on to college. My parents and my brother have definitely been a huge influence on the person I am becoming. I have learned from their mistakes and seen it's important to make mistakes to grow as a person in life. My dad has been a huge influence on me. He is the hardest worker i know and will do anything in order to support his family. He is one of the reasons that i have been so motivated to do well in school. After graduation, I plan on attending a 4 year university and majoring in psychology. When i'm older i want to be able to help people and make a difference in someone's life. Thats why i think becoming a psychologist would be ideal for me because both are very people-person jobs. Who am I? after the whole semster in soc i have definitely changed as a person. I have opened my eyes to so many things. Before this semster i will admit i had many stereotypes in my mind about people of different cultures and races. After this class, many of those stereotypes have been erased. The service project helped me to change the way i viewed people of different races and socioeconomic backgrounds. The color of your skin and the amount of money in your bank account does not make you who you are. Even though it many sound very cliche, it is what's on the inside that truly matters. The service project also taught me that giving back to the community makes you feel good about yourself. I hope to continue to do volunteer work throughout my life. Sociology has shown me that even in the midst of such a diverse culture, we are all so similar. Everyone wants to live a happy and successful life. I feel very fortunate that my parents have provided a life for me to help make that possible. Next year i will be going on to college. This experience is sure to be a new and exciting one. i know that being away from home, my family and my friends will only help me to expand my sociological mindfulness. I am really thankful i had the opportunity to take this class. Many high schools do not have the resources to offer a course like this and i am lucky that my school can. I enjoyed every moment of this class and all the lessons i learned will stay with me throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment